Explore your passions.
1 unforgettable summer.
Temple University’s Pre-College Workshops invite students entering grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 to experience Temple University academics while exploring potential college majors through non-credit workshops. Temple Pre-College Workshop students will:
- Attend two non-credit workshops (one AM and one PM, topics vary depending on dates)
- Develop their interests in various academic fields
- Build their confidence and sense of independence
- Engage in interactive, project-based learning
- Make new friends and build community with other students from diverse backgrounds
Temple Pre-College Workshops will have three (3) two-week sessions online for summer 2021.
- June 28 - July 9, 2021
- July 12 - July 23, 2021
- July 26 - August 6, 2021
Customize your Temple Pre-College Workshops to suit your interests
30+ options. Topics include health and medicine, writing, the arts, business, politics and social justice, leadership, pre-law, college readiness, and more. Your first workshop will meet daily in the morning. Your second workshop will meet daily in the afternoon. Workshop choices vary depending on session dates.
Learn with others online
Your program will be a mix of live ("synchronous") sessions with your instructors, and time to work on your own or in a small group ("asynchronous"). Every workshop is designed to be as interactive as possible. Your non-credit workshops are designed to introduce you to the key concepts of various academic fields through project-based learning, often through work in small groups.
Participation in this program requires access to a device (computer or tablet) that is connected to reliable, high-speed internet. While participation on a smartphone is possible, the ability to interact with others will be more limited and is thus not recommended.
Sample Daily Schedule
All times are Eastern time.
- 9:45 - 10:00 - Homeroom
- 10:00 - 11:15 - Morning Workshop or Course
- 11:15 - 11:30 - Break
- 11:30 - 12:30 - Prep (time to work on assignments, group projects, etc.)
- 12:30 - 1:30 - Lunch (free time, with occasional guest speakers)
- 1:30 - 2:45 - Afternoon Workshop or Course
- 2:45 - 3:00 - Break
- 3:00 - 4:00 - Prep (time to work on assignments, group projects, etc.)
Enrollment Requirements and Deadlines
Temple Pre-College Workshops do not require an application to be admitted. However, you do need to fill out a registration form online to make your workshop selections. Click "Enroll Now" to get started.
Enrollment deadlines are 7 days prior to each session's start date, or until the program is full. Enroll early!
When you fill out the enrollment form and pay your $100 deposit, your space is held in the program. Final course selections will be confirmed via email as the program start date gets closer. You may pay the remainder of your program fee up until 7 days prior to the first day of the program.
- What are the benefits of enrolling in Temple Pre-College Workshops?
Temple Pre-College Workshops is a program only for high school students, designed to allow you to explore various academic areas of interest through hands-on, project-based learning. This year, you will be able to choose from over 30 topics, allowing you to customize your program to suit your unique interests or explore something new. You will learn in small classes, alongside other high school students, from Temple faculty, graduate students, and staff, and you will get lots of support from our Temple student staff along the way. You will apply what you learn to real-world challenges, and leave with a better understanding of what you may want to study in college.
- How much does participating in Temple Pre-College Workshops cost?
The cost of Temple Pre-College Workshops is $845 per session. This fee covers two (2) non-credit workshops, ongoing mentorship and support from Temple undergraduate students, and access to a robust schedule of online evening and weekend social activities.
- Are there any financial aid or scholarship opportunities?
Yes. Please visit our FAQ page for more information on how to apply. You may need to submit an additional short application to be considered for aid.
- I have another question that isn't answered here. How do I find the answer?
First, check out our broader FAQ page. If you still have questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 215-204-2712 and a member of our staff will be happy to help you.
The Temple Pre-College Workshops curriculum is developed and delivered by Temple University, University College in partnership with:
- Beasley School of Law
- Boyer College of Music and Dance
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Public Health
- Fox School of Business
- College of Science and Technology
- Klein College of Media and Communication
- School of Sport, Tourism, and Hospitality Management
- School of Theater, Film, and Media Arts
- Temple University, Rome Campus
- Tyler School of Art and Architecture