Temple University provides several opportunities for high school students to live and learn on campus during the summer. Click on any of the programs below to learn more.
- Temple Summer Academy - Get a head start on your college career by earning academic credit and a Temple tuition grant through this four-week program. Students take one college-level course and two non-credit workshops over four weeks. Students entering grades 11 and 12. Online for summer 2020.
- Temple Pre-College Workshops - Explore various fields of study available at Temple University through these two-week, non-credit workshops. Students choose a morning and an afternoon session. Students entering grades 10, 11, or 12. Online for summer 2020.
Temple Continuing Studies - Rising high school seniors, juniors and recent high school graduates, including students who have been admitted to Temple and plan to start in the fall semester, are welcome to take Temple courses through our Office of Continuing Studies at a special reduced rate. The credits students earn will become part of their academic record. Online for summer 2020.
- Tyler School of Art and Architecture Programs - Create inspiring works of art in the Tyler School of Art and Architecture's world-class studios and learn under the guidance of professional working artist-educators. Programs include Portfolio Boot Camp, Architecture Institute, Pre-College Summer Workshop, and more. Students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (varies by program). Online for summer 2020.
- College of Engineering Programs - Explore the possibilities in bio, civil, environmental, electrical, and mechanical engineering through hands-on projects and workshops. Programs include Women's Engineering Explorations (WE2) and the Robotics Summer Program. Students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (varies by program). Online for summer 2020.
- Boyer College of Music and Dance Programs - Develop your skills as a singer, songwriter, composer, or musician through a wide variety of summer programs. Programs include the Summer Songwriting Intensive, the Summer Dance Intensive, the Summer Music Theory Intensive, and more. Program eligibility depends on age and musical experience (varies by program).
- College of Science and Technology Programs - Investigate, discover, and experiment with summer programs for high school students in biology, chemistry, forensics, and more. Programs include the STEM-UP Leadership Experience, the Teen Research Initiative Program (TRIP), the Forensic Science Investigation (FSI). Students entering grades 8-12 (varies by program).
- School of Theater, Film, and Media Arts Programs - Learn how to tell stories through film from developing the initial story through the final edit. Programs include the Reel Girls: High School Film Workshop and the Summer Digital Filmmaking Intensive. Students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (varies by program).